Start your morning off with an extra healthy boost by adding Matcha to your favorite pancake recipe. We tried the following recipe from Connie Choi’s blog, Sprig & Flours, and were amazed with how delicious it was! A new favorite recipe for sure. ENJOY!
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- cooking spray or unsalted butter
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and matcha green tea powder with a whisk. Slowly whisk in the water and vanilla extract. Stir in the ricotta cheese until incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Spray the skillet with cooking spray (alternatively, you could melt ½ tablespoon of unsalted butter in the pan). Spoon ½ cup of batter and slowly pour it into the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes, until bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip, then cook the other side for 2 minutes, or until light brown. Place the pancake on the prepared baking sheet, and keep it warm in the preheated oven. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve warm with the honey whipped cream
- With an electric mixer, mix the heavy whipping cream on medium speed for 2 minutes. Slowly add the honey, and increase the speed to medium-high. Whip just until the cream reaches stiff peaks. Serve with the pancakes.
ORGANIC GRADE A MATCHA AVAILABLE In-stores & Online: